Bu Dosen just threw a baseball bat at me! Well… baseball, schmazeball, dunno what it was, but it hurt! Gotta do something to relieve the pain!
Apparently, this “baseball” thing has been going around the blog world for some time, like those stupid chain emails that give you bad luck if you don’t send them within a certain period or to X many people. That really eats up the internet’s bandwidth everywhere. Well, like this one, once in a while comes a chain mail (or something like it) which is interesting to share, or in this case, write about.
I’m supposed to write down five of my weird habits (only 5?) and pass the bar along to others… this is interesting! So here goes:
1. Anyone close to me knows, that I eat chilli like a vampire on bloodlust. The usual portion of hot sauce doesn’t do it for me, I have to get the hottest thing available, anywhere. It’s like willful torture to my tounge. There was a time where I travelled alone for 2 weeks in Japan, and since the closest thing generally available in Japan is wasabi (which is another sensation altogether), I had to bring along my own bottle of Tabasco everywhere I ate. I used up the whole bottle in the 2 weeks there, and actually bought a new one during the last 2 days. Another time, a friend dared me to eat the hottest dish at Beppu Menka, where they serve dishes with names like “Cooking Pot Hell” and with different levels of spiciness, from 2 chilli to 8 chilli; and the dare was 8 chilli, of course. Naturally, I won the bet but not after they took my picture sweating all over but ultimately enjoying the meal! I won’t even tell you about the time I was a semi-finalist in a spicy baso eating contest… So if you come to my place, you’d find an assortment of chilli-based spices… from the bottled hot sauce, the Tabasco, to the chilli powder…
2. I pick my nose a lot, sometimes not even realizing it. I think it runs in the family because a lot of my cousins have the same problem. And here’s the groce part… when I was still about 6 or 7, I had a habit of sticking the mucus to the wall behind the sofa in the TV room… hence making a nice wall decoration. When my mother finally noticed, she was too amazed to be angry… I wonder, did they have to tear that wall down once we left that house?
3. I fart like a 20-ton truck in overdrive uphill, when the moment comes. With as much noise as the airhorn, too. I won’t get into any details here, I think you all get the point🙂 Keep a safe distance! Oh yeah, this also runs in the family…
4. I count everything that can be counted! I say the numbers of the floors I pass on the lift in my head, and generally tend to never lose count in any occasion. But I think I’ve toned this down somewhat… the only thing I have not been able to get rid of is the lift-counting. Any proper sequence of numbers, I would recite in my head, and often get slightly annoyed when the floor number jumps to 14 after 12. It’s just not right!
5. Forgetting about fridge contents. OK so I put something in the fridge for eating later…. much later. That’s if I remember. I never got used to checking the fridge contents, because I always assumed that food stored there would be fresh forever… so now it’s better that I have a smaller fridge, so I hardly ever forget to check the contents… erm… hey, how long has that cake been there? Still tastes okay… a bit stiff though, the fridge must of sucked all the moist out… oh, that’s bad?
Hahaha! I enjoyed that one, and I really hope the dear readers of this blog will be totally grossed out. Too bad I only have to write about 5, so I had to only put a few highliters there…