Rainy Days Are Here Again!
Finally! We get a non-seasonal break from the scorching heat to cloudy skies and lower tempratures. A lot of people have been talking about the nice, cool weather for the past few days, but being the sarcastic jerk I am, I would like to remind you of the virtues of the rainy season:
- get your umbrellas ready. In that case, might as well take the gumboots out of the closet as well.
- when was the last time you checked your car? don’t let the windshield wipers stop working on a late, rainy evening.
- friends in the flood-prone areas – better get ready for anything.
- put those buckets at the leak-prone points in your house. Or maybe it’s time to fix it already.
- clean up those water drains! Or else you’d be facing your very own, personal flood.
- companies with give-away merchandise – this is a good time to give out those odd-coloured umbrellas, this time people will just take them, no questions asked.
- Motorcycle riders – get those ponchos, sheets of plastic, riding boots or plastic bags with rubber bands ready. Might as well use swimming goggles.
- Don’t leave your laundry outside! Somebody might steal it, whether or not its raining. (yes, laundry gets stolen)
- Make sure you have appointed strategic waiting points to wait out the traffic jams. Yes, not waiting out the rain, but waiting out the impending traffic jams it brings with it.
- Jakartan government – do what you always do when rainy season comes. Whatever it is. I never figured that out. Should be something, right?