Open Letter To Political Party Candidates
Dear political parties and representative candidates,We here at Plis Deh Jakarta want to tell you some of our thoughts on a few points.Things that will not get you elected:
- driving around in your VW Caravelle to visit poor areas for PR shots
- using facilities from taxpayer’s money to run your campaign (i.e. government car)
- being a virtual nobody. If people don’t know you, most likely they won’t vote for you, either. Placing a million posters of your face on every street won’t change that.
Things that has no relevance to you getting elected:
- getting a lot of people to ride cars, buses or motorcycles wearing the same t-shirt
- getting those people to ride around the city waving flags and creating traffic jams
- spending billions to gather those people in the city centre for speeches. Chances are the people there have already made up their mind on who to vote for, so the speeches are moot
- claiming family ties to a certain famous person, on the poster
- wearing a pici/kopiah on your campaign posters.
Things that might get you elected:
- look good on those posters. No, forget about the picture with the lion, or the James Bond impersonation. Just look good.
- try to say what your mission is or what you represent on those posters. Putting on ‘Mohon Doa dan Dukungannya’ doesn’t really say anything.
- Go out door-to-door if need be. Who knows, it might even be more effective than spending billions on a 1-day political rally
- Make sure you have a clear, simple campaign message. Right know, we can’t tell the difference between the multitude of political parties
Things you really should think about rather than only about getting elected:
- clean, transparent governance
- equal rights and better welfare
- conserving the environment
- better public transportation systems
- cheaper internet!!
Sincerely,Plis Deh Jakarta
Tangerang: The New Land Of Trash
Tangerang has agreed to allocate land for construction of a garbage processing site for Jakarta’s trash. So Tangerang will turn away couples looking for a place to have premarital sex and even women walking alone at night, but will accept trash.The Tangerang authorities really know how to make their city comfortable, don’t they?
Plis Deh Jakarta extends its deepest sympathies and profound prayers to those who suffered from the leevee breach at Situ Gintung. We will post more info on rescue efforts and how you can help soon.
Penemuan Pertama Bubur Bebek
‘Pertama ditemukan di sini’ – berarti, sebelumnya bubur bebek ini belum pernah ditemukan manusia sebelumnya? Mungkin ada bubur bebek lain yang belum ditemukan.
But We Were Just Making Some Cash On The Side!
Two police officers were arrested for selling ecstasy; they claim they were instructed by three prosecutors to sell the contraband. Apparently, the pills sold were part of confiscated evidence in an ongoing case.It’s kind of pointless being an officer of the law if you don’t uphold it yourself…
Maybe We Should At Least Try To Decrease Noise?
Today is Hari Raya Nyepi, where Balinese Hindus usually celebrate by self-reflection in silence – there can be no fires lit (and lights need to be kept low), no work, no entertainment and leisure, no travelling, and for some, no talking and eating at all. In effect, for one day, Bali shuts down.Jakarta will stay noisy today thank you very much.